Saturday, June 20, 2009

songs in the shower...

Greetings!

Let me first introduce myself. My name is Jared Hageman and I am a Senior at Oregon State University. This will be my first year as a counselor at camp. After a week of staff training, I am very excited to spend my summer here at camp. Where else can you wake up and sing “Every Move I Make” in the shower with your fellow counselors?

Our week so far has been extremely valuable. We have spent a lot of time in the Word, worshipping God, coming together as a team, and even learning about creation. I know many of us have been challenged in numerous ways through this intensive training and we are looking forward to our first group of campers on Monday.

Perhaps one of the most exciting things to see God doing so far is bringing us together as a team. Many of us did not know each other when this week started; all we had was a common goal to serve God at camp this summer. It is amazing how quickly God can bring people together when their desire is to bring glory to Him.

Last night, all of us male staff members made a commitment to raise the standard for male conduct here at camp. I personally have never been in an environment where guys my age talk about how to be men of God. Most of the time, we sink to the level of the least mature person in the group. This is just more evidence that God is working in us and preparing us for an amazing summer ahead!

Jared Hageman
Counselor - Cabin 14

No comments:

Post a Comment