Thursday, July 23, 2009

from tyler pagel...counselor cabin 15

Our God is so awesome! I am reminded of that on a daily basis and yesterday God really continued to show how powerful and mighty He is.

I was able to do several 1 on 1's yesterday and connected with two of my campers. I learned more about their home life and more importantly that they were not born again believers, and those campers weren't ready to make a decision to give their life for Christ.

Shortly after that, I was able to pray with Craig Haskins about those campers and just give the situation to God and ask him to have His will be done. I was in prayer the rest of the day.

Later that night (last night), in chapel, I could feel the Lord working as soon as we started singing. My kids seemed very attentive and open to the message that Pastor Dennis Smith was sharing. At the end of the message Pastor Dennis shut off the lights and demonstrated God's awesome power when He spoke and light was created. He then challenged the campers to realize and accept Christ as their personal Savior. I knew God was about to do His work!

After the challenge from Pastor Dennis, I had FOUR guys come out!!! But I knew it wasn't over yet. I prayed and asked God to give me the words to say and that I could lead my campers to Him. I took three aside and sent another camper with another staff member, Craig.

I led them through the Romans Road of Salvation and told them if they believed in their hearts that Jesus died on the cross and rose again, that they will be saved and can be 100% confident that they will be in heaven for eternity. All three boys were very excited to start living the way God's Word tells us to.

I give all the praise and glory to God for what He did in those boy's lives last night and for reminding me once again, how awesome He truly is!

Tyler Pagel
Counselor - Cabin 15

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Tyler!! My Tyler is so blessed you are his counselor this week - I am soooo glad to see such a wonderful young man in charge of my son this week - give him my love and I pray for you all every day!

    Tyler Farhner's Mom - Jennifer

    ReplyDelete