Friday, July 31, 2009

...from Ali Williams, Counselor Cabin #2

This week has been a scorcher, but we've found creative ways to keep cool. My favorite way was having a firetruck come and spray from its hose so that the water rained down on the campers! And I've really seen God move in amazing, unexpected ways these past few days!

For example, this week I have a camper named Kayla who is really sweet. She told me that she had been saved when she was younger, but she didn't remember when and she didn't seem to really grasp what being saved meant.

Last night at dinner with the cabin, Kayla asked me, totally out of the blue, about heaven and whether animals go there or not. That started a very long, winding discussion about heaven, God, Jesus and salvation. A lot of the girls jumped in with more questions and a lot of good answers, and I was so amazed at how much they knew and believed about God. As dinner ended, Kayla and I kept talking...then we went to chapel.

Pastor Doug, the speaker this week, closed chapel with a call for anyone who wanted to talk to their counselor about salvation or living for God. Kayla looked up at me and very cutely said, "Do I have to do it at chapel?" I told her that we could talk afterwards if she wanted, so while the other girls got ready for bed, Kayla and I talked about how she wanted to make her salvation real; she wanted to make sure that it "meant something." She prayed to God, and it was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen or heard.

Praise the Lord for what He has done in the hearts of campers this week and this summer!

Ali Williams
Counselor - Cabin #2

No comments:

Post a Comment