Tuesday, August 18, 2009

wow...by amy craig - counselor

Wow. That's all I can really say. Camp was AMAZING this summer! Coming from California, not knowing anyone or how to do anything, I was very nervous about working at camp. But God definitely knew what He was doing when He opened up the doors for me at Gilead. I learned so much, and was able to help my campers learn more about God and His creation.

It was incredible to see God working in their lives! Camp was definitely a growing experience for me. I'm not usually the one to get up in front of people or lead a devotion, but at camp those were some of the things I needed to do. With God's help, I was able to lead devotions every night, be silly in front of the kids, and even share my testimony in front of all the campers. I had to come way out of my comfort zone to do God's will, but you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way. Being part of all those kids' camp experience and just being able to work for God was truly amazing.

Amy Craig
Camp Counselor Summer 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment