Saturday, June 29, 2013

Dependence - Jessica Cooper


Victory Circle Post for June 23, 2013

 

Hey ya’ll!  I was a counselor last year and have returned to be the high school staff leader! I am so excited to see what God has in store for this summer! It has been a crazy week for me. I arrived on Tuesday barely knowing what it meant to be a program staffer let alone the leader of the high school staff and was eagerly anticipating meeting my fellow coworkers and starting the planning process. I don’t know how it all works but I definitely feel more prepared for what’s to come.

Lately I feel like God has been teaching me to fully depend on Him and rely on His strength. Well every time I think I have it down he slaps me with a reality check that I am not in control, he is, that I can’t do anything on my own, only by his power can I live freely, and that he is sovereign and good in all things. I entered this last week feeling pretty confident that I was going to get everything done, know exactly what I was supposed to do, and have the entire summer all planned out. Ha, nope. I sure don’t feel it yet, but can see that everything will come full circle and work out. There is a reason Camp Gilead is the best kids camp in the NW – a great program director and staff who know what they’re doing. I just feel so blessed to play a small part in this great ministry. So please pray for me as I embark on another great summer at Gilead, that I would fully depend on the Lord, go to Him often, and that he would use me in the lives of all those I am working with. God is so amazing, Amen?
Jessica Cooper
Girls High School Staff Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment