Friday, July 27, 2012

TRUST - by Joey Parkinson


You are Going to Be a Great Counselor … JUST TRUST THE LORD!

At the beginning of last week and at the beginning of this week I felt like I was failing as a camp counselor. I felt that I was not doing enough for the campers and that my best was not good enough. Satan has a way of getting you down on yourself telling you that you are not good enough and that you are failing. At the beginning of this summer one of my fellow counselors encouraged me to trust the Lord. It seemed so simple to just trust the Lord… Duh. But as my plans fall apart, as I fail, as I try my best I will fail. But the beauty of this week was that God has been telling me that in my weakness he is strong and that I should just TRUST him. It seems like such a simple idea trusting Someone who we have never ever seen!  The biggest thing that I am learning to remember is that God has everything in control.   

There is no other place that I would rather be then right where God wants me.  That place  is definitely right here at Camp Gilead. It just takes a little TRUST in Him. Well, actually, it take a lot of TRUST and a lot of prayer and faith in the promises that God has given us.  I am so happy to see God change the lives of not only the campers that come to camp this summer, but also the staff as God works.

To God be the Glory Forever

Joey Parkinson - Counselor Cabin 16

No comments:

Post a Comment