Sunday, July 22, 2012

God's Messages to Us - Courtney Edwards

Hello! My name is Courtney Edwards, and I am the counselor of Cabin 10 this summer at Camp Gilead.

I love seeing how God sends us messages sometimes. He does it in such apparent and ironic ways that it almost makes me laugh at how blunt God is. This weekend at my church my pastor gave a sermon on Jonah and the commission that God gave him. 

Jonah 1:1-2 “The word of the LORD came to Jonah son of Amittai: “Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me.’”

The whole sermon was on how God speaks to everyone, and why God wants us to be missionaries. It’s just funny how the one thing that I’m learning at Camp is to serve God in everything I do, and then I listen to a sermon on God’s commission to Jonah and how God also gave us the Great Commission. We are to obey God and follow His command by being godly people and being a light in the world.

At camp I have learned how important it is to share the gospel with the kids who are at camp, even if some of them have heard it a million times before. You never know how God could use you in the life of just one person. We are to obey God by reaching the people of this world with the Bible and the Word of God.

A lot of times at camp I get discouraged because maybe I didn’t have any kids in my cabin that stayed after chapel to talk to me about becoming a Christian, or because I didn’t drastically change the life of a strayed camper. I have to remember that God uses me even in the little changes, and as long as I speak God’s word, He will use me. And that is such a comfort for me to hear at camp when I feel like I can’t get through to all my campers.

Courtney Edwards
Counselor - Cabin 10

               

No comments:

Post a Comment