Saturday, August 25, 2012

Morning Fog - by Tyler Wells


This summer was my first year working on staff at Camp Gilead.  Words cannot describe how much of a blessing the last eight weeks have been.   I am so thankful for the opportunity to work with such a great team, and the chance to see the Lord work in so many ways. 

Before I started working at Camp Gilead, I had a fairly negative perception of fog.  It keeps you from seeing what you want to see, and usually when it’s foggy it’s cold and damp outside.  Being at Camp Gilead has changed that for me.  Despite the negative effects of fog, over the years, the staff has noticed a pattern.  In Carnation, fog in the morning is a good thing.  It means the sun is going to come out and burn the fog away and leave us with a beautiful and sunny afternoon.  For some reason, that’s just what always happens…every time!  Looking back on the summer, it was interesting how excited we all would get when we saw fog in the morning.   

There were times when my circumstances seemed a little foggy throughout the different weeks of camp.  God brought challenges my way and there were times that I couldn’t see what was going on.  Through those challenges, God taught me that I really need to rely on His strength and the encouragement of my amazing coworkers to stand firm, even when things started to get foggy.  It was through some of the foggiest moments that the Lord was shining His radiant light through to reach the hearts of my campers.  Getting through those difficult or foggy times, and being able to look back and see all the ways God was working all along is so encouraging to me. 

I am learning that just as we rejoice in the morning fog that leads to a sunny afternoon, we should also rejoice in our trials, which lead to being able to see God work through them and cause noticeable growth in our lives and the lives of others.   

 

Tyler Wells

Counselor – Cabin 14

1 comment:

  1. So glad your summer was a blessing -

    Bev
    (Jason Taylor's mom)

    ReplyDelete